Wednesday 11 April 2012

Taran on the Straits

Ian (The Badger) was down on the Island in his caravan and we arranged to meet at Caernarfon for 1100. I had heard from Ga and he was on route, a slight delay due to passing on his condolences to a local shepherdess in the village who had tragically lost her brother in a fatal collision early on Sunday morning on the A5. Another call just whilst approaching Caernarfon to say although nearly there he had taken the turn for the worst and felt dog rough so turned back for home. We launched just near to the T waggon and saw two paddlers setting off, they had worried Ian as they questioned him regarding tide times. I brought the Taran and off we set into the sunshine. A great day and very sunny, a very warm lunch spot and back against the wind, a great experience in the Taran, some slight hull slapping but not much and I felt so stable, camera out with no problems. I need to adjust the seat and practise my landings with my current bad shoulder. Exciting times in this new boat.

Lunch


Views from our lunch spot

1 comment:

Dr Blug said...

Have you bought the Taran?!