Sunday 21 September 2014

Llyn Tegid Diabetes Charity Swim

I received an email from an ex colleague. He was asking if I was free to act as a safety boat for a Charitable Swimming even on Bala. His very young daughter had been diagnosed this March with Diabetes.
Its also a very close cause as Gareth got this dammed condition some years ago. I had no hesitation and the same went for Ga.
So a quiet Saturday night and a drive up to Bala on Sunday morning.
It was a glorious morning on the coast and a short distance from Bala I hit some thick mists.
It was only a short blip and the sun soon shone through.
Disappointing for the organizers only six swimmers.
Me thinks the advertising campaign needs a re think.
I stayed with the tail end Charlies, what a set of ladies, they never stopped, a fantastic effort.
After the event we had a cuppa and up the lake for some paddle fitness.
Met Rhiannon, Ga,s daughter as she was with the Scouts that weekend. Up and on wards and back down met by Adel for a cuppa and butties. A lovely day and I think the stalls made some money for the charity.
Annoyingly met five  swimmers that day who knew nothing about the event!






No comments: